IIT Roorkee Placement 2023 Latest Update: On the inaugural day of placement sessions at IIT Roorkee, students clinched three international offers along with 358 domestic offers. The figures experienced a notable surge, reaching a total of 400 offers (inclusive of PPOs) on the second day, and escalating further to 504 offers (including PPOs) with an additional 16 international offers on the third day. By the conclusion of the fourth day, IIT Roorkee recorded a total of 593 domestic offers (including PPOs) and 16 international offers, with the active participation of 105 companies. Noteworthy among these companies are Accenture Japan, American Express, Auronova Consulting, Axis Bank, Clear, Demsyt, Edgeverve Systems, and Groww. A standout achievement during the placements was an IIT Roorkee student securing an impressive placement offer of Rs. 2.5 Crore package from a US-based company.
IIT Roorkee: Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, commonly known as IIT Roorkee is the oldest engineering institution in India located in Roorkee, Uttarakhand, India. Established in 1847 as the College of Civil Engineering, the institute is now a public technical university recognized by the University Grants Commission. NIRF Ranking 2023 has ranked the institution with rank #5 in the engineering category, #8 in the overall category, and #7 in the research category. The institution has also ranked #1 in the top architectural colleges of India. Aside from that, QS World University Ranking 2023 has also placed the institute at #369 position among the top universities of the world.
The college offers over 100 courses at the undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral levels. The institution provides B.Tech. and B.Arch. programs at the UG level, and M.Tech., M.Arch., M.Sc., M.Des., MBA, and a few more integrated programmes at the PG level. It also provides PhD courses in a wide range of subjects at the doctoral level. IIT Roorkee admission to B.Tech & B.Arch program is done on the basis of JEE Advanced scores followed by the JoSAA counselling round. Intake for the B.Tech. and B.Arch. programs at IIT Roorkee the previous year were 1100 and 37, respectively. The institute also accepts other national level examinations such as GATE, CAT & IIT JAM for admission to the M.Tech/M.Arch, MBA & M.Sc program, respectively.
The annual fee for IIT Roorkee's flagship programs, including B.Tech & B.Arch program is around 2.84 lakh, while for the M.Tech program, it is around INR 1.04 lakh. For students in need, the institution offers scholarship programs. Students who fall under the SC, ST, or PH categories are not required to pay any tuition fee. Additionally, applicants whose family income is under Rs. 1 lakh annually are exempt from paying the tuition fee. In a similar vein, applicants whose family income is between Rs. 1 lakh and Rs. 5 lakh are only need to pay a third of the fee.
The training and placement cell at IIT Roorkee is responsible for conducting campus placement every year for aspiring students. During the placement 2022, the institution witnessed the highest package of INR 2.15 CPA at international level and INR 1.8 CPA at the domestic level. For the MBA batch 2022, the highest package stood at INR 25.8 LPA with a median pay of INR 18 LPA.
IIT Roorkee Location
IIT Roorkee is located in the state of Uttarakhand, India. The nearest railway station to the institute is Roorkee railway station. It is just 1.9 Km away from the main campus. Candidates can reach the IIT Roorkee campus through Dehradun Airport which is 68.2 Kms away. The campus is 1.5 Km away from the Roorkee Bus stand. Taxi/cab services are readily available at the nearest railway station, bus stop, and airport for candidates to reach IIT Roorkee.
IIT Roorkee Ranking
- IIT Roorkee is ranked #5 in the engineering category, #8 in the overall category, and #7 in the research category by NIRF Ranking 2023.
- The institution was placed #6 in the engineering category, #7 in the overall category, and #8 in the research category by NIRF Ranking 2022.
- The institute is also ranked first among India's finest architecture colleges.
- Aside from that, the institute has been ranked #369 among the world's best universities by QS World University Ranking 2023.
IIT Roorkee Courses
Over 100 courses are available at the undergraduate, graduate, and doctorate levels at the college. The university offers B.Tech. and B.Arch. programmes at the undergraduate level, as well as M.Tech., M.Arch., M.Sc., M.Des., MBA, and a few other integrated programmes at the graduate level. It also offers PhD courses in a broad range of specializations at the doctoral level.
Candidate must have passed 10+2 in Science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as mandatory subjects.
Candidate must have B.E/B.Tech degree with minimum percentage as required by the institute.
Candidate must have B.Sc degree in a relevant discipline.
Candidate must have an undergraduate degree in any stream.
Candidate must have a Master degree in a relevant specialization
IIT Roorkee Admission
IIT Roorkee accepts national-level examinations such as JEE Advanced, GATE & CAT to offer admission to students in their preferred courses. Below is a detailed admission process for IIT Roorkee courses.
IIT Roorkee UG Admission
- The institute offers B.Tech & B.Arch programmes at UG level
- Candidates are required to appear for JEE Main & JEE Advanced examinations
- Obtain a valid JEE Advanced score and register for the JoSAA counselling process
- Fill in the choices and preferences of colleges including IIT Roorkee
- If shortlisted, the institute will call the candidate for the submission of fees.
IIT Roorkee M.Tech Admission
- Appear for the GATE examination
- Obtain a valid score and register for the COAP counselling process
- Fill in the choices for colleges
- Candidates will receive a call from the college once shortlisted for admission
IIT Roorkee M.Sc/M.Sc+PhD Admission
- Candidates must take and pass the IIT JAM examination.
- IIT JAM publishes the cutoff along with the merit list, which is referred to as the All India Merit List.
- Secure the minimum cutoff released by the institute.
- Fill out the IIT Roorkee M.Sc Application form and submit the fee for the counselling round.
- Following the counselling round, candidates are required to pay the admission fee and confirm their admission.
IIT Roorkee MBA Admission
- Candidates seeking admission to the MBA program are required to take the CAT examination.
- Candidates must have a minimum percentile required to take admission.
- Visit the official website of IIT Roorkee and fill out the MBA application form.
- Appear for Personal Interview and Written Test
- The institute will release the final merit list following the interview round
- Submit the fees and confirm your admission
IIT Roorkee PhD Admission
- Appear for the GATE/NET/JRF examination and obtain a valid score
- Fill out the application form available at the institute’s website
- The institute may conduct a written examination or interview for the shortlisted candidates.
- The institute will release the final list of students shortlisted for admission.
- Pay the fees and confirm the admission.
IIT Roorkee Placement
IIT Roorkee prepares students to be industry-ready experts who can compete on a worldwide scale, and these endeavors are evidenced in strong IIT Roorkee placement statistics. The institute regularly encourages students to improve their technical, management, and leadership skills. The placement highlights are given below:
No. of Recruiters Participated
No. of Offers Made
Highest Domestic Package
INR 1.8 CPA
Highest International Package
INR 2.15 CPA
Highest Package (MBA Batch 2022)
INR 25.8 LPA
Amazon, Tiger Analytics, Michael Page, Vedanta, Barclays, NATWEST, Goldman Sachs
IIT Roorkee Scholarship
The institution offers several bursaries to its students. There are various national and state level scholarships on the IIT Roorkee scholarship list. The institute primary scholarship is merit-cum-means scholarship which includes tuition fee waiver of candidates having family income less than 5 lakh. However, candidates must have a good academic record. Other scholarships include:
- Convocation Awards & Scholarships
- Non-Convocation Awards & Scholarships
The eligibility criteria for convocation & non-convocation scholarships is decided on the basis of academic and other achievements.
IIT Roorkee Infrastructure & Facilities
The institute has a lush green campus spread over 365 acres. The campus includes 23 academic departments, 3 academic centers, and 1 school offering a number of courses to more than 8000 students under the assistance of 514 faculty members. The campus has 20 hostel buildings including 10 hostels for boys, 3 hostels for girls, 6 hostels for married couples, and 1 Co-ed hostel. Other facilities include canteen, sports complex, advanced laboratories, and a library with more than 3.5 lakh books.
Hostel: IIT Roorkee campus features ten dormitories for boys and three for girls. The dorms have Wi-Fi and deep internet access across the campus, as well as canteens that serve midnight munchies. Hostels provide hygienic and appealing surroundings.
Sports Facilities: Indoor and outdoor sports facilities are available at the institute. Students can participate in sports such as badminton, basketball, table tennis, swimming, and hockey. In order to encourage students to participate in sports more, the National Sports Organization (NSO) plan was launched in 2007-2008.
Guest Rooms: Three guesthouses and a visiting hostel are available for the accommodation of regular visitors to the campus.
IT Infrastructure: The campus encompasses strong internet connectivity, a computer center, and other IT related infrastructure.
LIbrary: The Mahatma Gandhi Central Library at IIT Roorkee houses a large collection of books, periodicals, publications, and other materials. Students can also access over 2 million theses from global web sources.
Medical Facilities: The institute has a wellness center to provide first aid to students in emergency situations.
IIT Roorkee Collaboration
The institute has collaborations with numerous national and international universities and research centers to carry out extensive research activities in different fields. Some of the institutions that IIT Roorkee has collaborations with are:
- University of Nice, France
- University of Parma, Italy
- Heritage Network
- VSB Technical University of Ostrava, Czech Republic
- Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand
- University of Leoben, Austria
- McGill University, Canada
- City University, London
- University of Nice, France
- Liverpool Hope University, UK
- Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand
- Cranfield University, United Kingdom,
- Royal Institute of Science and Technology, Sweden
- DST Africa initiative
IIT Roorkee Clubs & Societies
There are various clubs and societies working as divisions, with segments dedicated to pastimes such as astronomy, robotics, athletics, chess, carrom, snooker, and a variety of other pursuits. Student groups are motivated to distinguish themselves from other institutes because they like gathering students with similar interests together to achieve the same goal, whether via community development, academic workshops, celebrations, performances, and so on. There are a number of clubs and societies on campus, including:
- Dramatics Section
- Sanskrit Club
- Audio Section
- Literary Section
- Cinematic Section
- Geek Gazette
- Choreography Section
IIT Roorkee Notable Alumni
IIT Roorkee's notable alumni include the names of the following prominent personalities:
- Naveen Jain: Founder, InfoSpace
- Dinesh Paliwal: Former President & CEO, Harman International
- Pradip Baijal: Retired IAS Officer
- Ajit Gupta: Founder of Aryaka, AAyuja, JantaKhoj, and Speedera Networks
- Ashok Soota: Executive Chairman, Happiest Minds Technologies.
- Amit Singhal: Former VP, Google Inc
- Sir Ganga Ram: Indian Civil Engineer & Architect
- Jai Prakash Gaur: Founder, Jaypee Group
- Raja Deen Dayal: Indian Photographer
DCECE Result 2023 Released - Check Here