IIT Delhi Placement 2023 Latest Update: IIT Delhi concluded its first day of placement for the academic year 2023, where students bagged 480 full-time offers (including PPOs) with around 450 unique selections. Among them, few students bagged multiple job offers. Notably, around 25 IITians received international job offers from Hong Kong, Japan, the Netherlands, Singapore, South Korea, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Some prominent recruiters include Microsoft, Goldman Sachs, and Texas Instruments.
IIT Delhi: The Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi, also known as IIT Delhi, is built on a widespread campus of 325 acres in the Hauz Khas. The institute was established under the name ‘College of Engineering’ in 1961. Later under the Institutes of Technology Amendment Act, of 1963, it was declared an ‘Institute of National Importance’ and renamed “Indian Institute of Technology''. The institute was given the status of a Deemed University which then gave the institution the powers to conduct its own examinations, decide its own academic policy, and provide its own courses. According to the NIRF ranking 2023, IIT Delhi ranks in #4th position in the ‘Overall’ category
IIT Delhi offers various programs across B.Tech, M.Tech, M.Sc, Ph.D., MBA, B.Des, and M.Des. Under its UG programs, the institute also provides a Dual Degree and an Integrated course in B.Tech and M.Tech. The admission to B.Tech & 5-year integrated program is done on the basis of JEE Advanced Scores followed by the JoSAA counseling round. In a similar vein, admission to M.Tech & M.Sc programs is done on the basis of GATE & IIT JAM, respectively. IIT Delhi seat intake for B.Tech & Integrated B.Tech + M.Tech program is 1093 & 116, respectively.
IIT Delhi Ranking & Accreditation:
- The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi has consistently secured a position within the top 5 engineering institutes in India according to various ranking organizations.
- According to the QS World University Rankings 2023, IIT Delhi holds the prestigious #3rd rank in India and is placed as the #174th best university worldwide.
- In the NIRF 2023 rankings, IIT Delhi has achieved the #2nd rank in the Engineering category and an impressive #4th position in the Overall category.
- The institute is accredited by NAAC with Grade A
IIT Delhi Location
The Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi is located near Hauz Khas, about 12.4 kilometers from the Hazrat Nizamuddin Railway Station in New Delhi. It is the closest railway station to IIT Delhi. Students using the train may take the metro to Hauz Khas metro station, which is 3.6 kilometers away. Indira Gandhi International Airport, which is 10 kilometers away, is the closest airport to IIT Delhi. The Vasant Vihar Bus Depot, located 4 kilometers from the campus, is the closest bus station to IIT Delhi. Once in New Delhi, students can take a cab or an auto to the IIT Delhi campus.
IIT Delhi Admission 2023
Students seeking admission to IIT Delhi must take an entrance test. Students must take their respective admission tests after fulfilling the requisite eligibility criteria for the selected course. Students who achieve the minimal IIT Delhi cut-off score will be admitted to the institute.
IIT Delhi UG Admission 2023
- IIT Delhi offers B.Tech programs at UG level in different specializations
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as mandatory subjects.
- Candidates must appear for JEE Main & JEE Advanced Examination
IIT Delhi M.Tech Admission 2023
- As part of the IIT Delhi M.Tech eligibility criteria, candidates must have earned their B.E./B.Tech/B.Sc degree with a minimum grade point average of 60%.
- M.Tech admission at IIT Delhi is done on the basis of GATE scores.
- The institute releases the cutoff and shortlist candidates based on previous academic performance and GATE scores
IIT Delhi M.Sc Admission 2023
- Candidates must have a B.Sc degree with a minimum 55% percentage marks in aggregate as a part of IIT Delhi M.Sc Eligibility Criteria
- The final admission is done on the basis of IIT JAM scores followed by the Personal Interview round.
IIT Delhi M.Des Admission 2023
- Candidates must have a B.Des degree with a minimum percentage of marks as required by the institute
- The institute must take a CEED entrance examination and have a valid score
- The institute will release the cutoff marks and shortlisted candidates will be called for the counseling round.
- The final seat allotment list will be released after the completion of the counseling round.
IIT Delhi MBA Admission 2023
- Candidates must have an undergraduate degree in any discipline with a minimum percentage of marks as required by the institute.
- It is mandatory for candidates to appear for the CAT exam and obtain a valid score
- The institute will release the cutoff and will invite shortlisted candidates for the Personal Interview round.
IIT Delhi Courses & Fees
The institute charges varying fees for all its programs which are subject to change every year. The approximate fees for all major programs offered at IIT Delhi are as follows:
B.Tech - INR 8.30 lakh
M.Tech - INR 2.60 lakh
M.Des - INR 2.60 Lakh
M.Sc - INR 85,500
Integrated Programs - INR 10.5 lakh
IIT Delhi Scholarship
IIT Delhi scholarships are available to help needy students with financial aid. The scholarship is available at IIT Delhi for undergraduate and some postgraduate programs. In addition, the institute has plans to give up to a 100% fee reduction to SC/ST/PD students. Students must fulfill the qualifying conditions to be eligible for the award. The IIT Delhi scholarship standards are based on the candidates' family income. The scholarships offered by IIT Delhi are as follows:
- Institute of Merit-cum-means Scholar
- Institute Free Studentship
- Donor Scholarship
- Institute Merit Prizes & Certificates
- Scholarships for SC/ST/PD students
IIT Delhi Placement
IIT Delhi placement drive 2023 witnessed the participation of more than 200 companies who offered more than 1300 job offers. Leading companies such as Microsoft, HCL Technologies, Graviton Research Capital LLP, EXL Analytics, and Jaguar Land Rover India Limited. The major highlights are given below:
No. of Offers
Highest Offer (International)
INR 2 CPA
Highest Offer (Domestic)
INR 1 CPA
Highest Offer (MBA)
INR 41.13 LPA
IIT Delhi Infrastructure
The campus provides unparalleled infrastructure for both students and staff. IIT Delhi Facilities include a retail outlet, sports facilities, banks/ATMs, post offices, a clinic, a recreation center, a telecom center, and a stadium. IIT Delhi's facilities promote extracurricular activity and physical development. The institute emphasizes academics while also emphasizing non-academic aspects such as passion, character-building, and athleticism.
IIT Delhi's infrastructure includes the following facilities:
Hostel Facilities: IIT Delhi has hostel facilities for both girls and boys. 11 hostels are allotted for boys and 3 hostels are allotted to girls.
Sports Complex: IIT-Delhi offers a "world-class" indoor sports complex covering 2,000 square meters. The 'Mittal Sports Complex' was named after and constructed with the assistance of 1995 batch alumni Saurabh Mittal.
Lab Facilities: Students studying at IIT Delhi can also avail various lab facilities for example Civil Engineering Lab, Chemistry Lab, Computer Lab, Electrical Lab, Electronics Lab, Mechanical Lab, and many others for each department.
Library: IIT Delhi has a Central Library with a vast collection of journals and books on science and technology. It has over 1,89,000 books and 8394 e-books. There are also 1,03,942 bound volumes of journals and around 3,000 online archives.
IIT Delhi Clubs & Committees
There are numerous student societies that assist learners in excelling in extracurricular activities and showcasing their skills. The IIT Delhi Students' club is divided into three sections. They are as follows:
- Fine Arts & Crafts Clubs
- Photography & Film Club
- Debating Clubs
- Dancing Clubs
- Dramatics Clubs
- Hindi Samiti
- Literacy Club
- Economics Club
- Association of Computer Engineers and Scientists
- Mathematics Society
- Physics & Astronomy Club
- Robotics Club
- Textile Engineering Society
- Alumni Affairs & International Programs
- The Entrepreneurship Development Cell
IIT Delhi Notable Alumni
IIT Delhi has a reputation for creating successful entrepreneurs, researchers, philosophers, legislators, and economists. IIT Delhi alumni have excelled across all major and minor sectors and are making a positive contribution to science & technology and society as a whole. Candidates can check the list of few prominent personalities passed out from IIT Delhi below:
- Kiran Bedi, Former IPS
- Raguram Rajan, Economist & Former RBI Governor
- Deepinder Goyal, Founder, Zomato
- Jayant Sinha, Indian Politician & Member of Parliament
- Chetan Bhagat, Author & Motivational Speaker
- Vinod Khosla, Indian-American Businessman & Venture Capitalist
- Sachin Bansal, Founder, Flipkart
- Padmasree Warrior, an Indian-American Businesswoman
- Subhash Kak, an Indian-American Computer Scientist, and many more
IIT Delhi Collaborations
IIT Delhi collaborates with numerous national and international institutes to conduct research in various disciplines. The following are some of the universities with which IIT Delhi has collaborated:
- University of Newcastle, Australia
- Technical University of Liberec
- Osaka University
- Curtin University, Australia
- Arab Academy for Science Technology and Maritime Transport
- Clemson University, USA
- The University of Queensland
- The American University in Cairo
- The University of Westminster
- Macquarie University
- University of Essex
- University of Mauritius
- The ARC Centre of Excellence for Climate Extremes, Australia
- Addis Ababa University (AAU)
- Amsterdam University of Applied Science
- Belarusian State University of Informatics and Radioelectronics (BSUIR)
- German Institute of Technology
- University of Gothenburg, Sweden
- Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology
- Aachen University
- University of Taipei, Japan
- The Royal University of Bhutan
- University of Munich
- National Formosa University
- Universiti Brunei Darussalam (UBD)
- University of Kashan
- Alzahra University
- Simon Fraser University
- Khajeh Nasir Toosi University
- KOC University
- University of Alberta
- Tarbiat Modares University
- University of Tokyo
- Concordia University, Canada
- Moscow Aviation Institute
- Swansea University
- University of Toronto
- Sharif University of Technology
- The University of Manchester, UK
- University of Victoria
- Islamic World Science Citation Centre (ISC)
- Texas Tech University, US
- Nanyang Normal University
- Industrial Bank of Korea
- Michigan State University
- Technical University of Denmark (DTU)
- Hiroshima University
- International University of Grand-Bassam
- Hespera Realty Private Limited
- Hummingbird Inc
- Royal University of Bhutan
- Institute for Plasma Research, Gandhi Nagar
- Lemon Tree Hotels Private Limited
- IBM Limited
- Northern India Textile Research Association
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited
- Delhi Library Network
- National Chiao Tung University, Taiwan
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the rank to go in IIT Delhi?
For the General Category, the JEE-Advanced cutoff range at IIT Delhi spans from the 102 - 574 rank.
Is IIT Delhi good for an MBA?
In the MHRD NIRF 2023 rankings, IIT Delhi's MBA program has secured the #5th position among government-run institutions and stands within the top #125 B-schools in India.
What is the cost of an MBA in IIT Delhi?
The complete Full-Time MBA program at IIT Delhi expenses amount to 11.20 Lacs, which can be paid in equal installments over the course of 4 semesters.
Does IIT Delhi accept CAT scores?
IIT Delhi utilizes the CAT score as a basis for selecting candidates to proceed to the second round, which encompasses Group Discussion (GD), Written Ability Test (WAT), and Personal Interview (PI) as part of the admission process for its MBA program.
What is the Highest Package at IIT Delhi?
The highest Domestic package at IIT Delhi went up to INR 1 CPA and the highest International Package amounted to INR 2 CPA.
Is IIT Delhi good for placements?
IIT Delhi Placements 2023 witnessed the participation of 1150 students. Out of which 50 individuals secured annual salaries exceeding INR 1 crore, and 30 students were presented with international job offers.
DCECE Result 2023 Released - Check Here