SSC MTS 2024: Dates (Tentative), Eligibility, Registration, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, ResultSSC MTS 2024 application will start on May 7, 2024. Eligible candidates can register for the exam till June 6, 2024. SSC MTS exam date has not been released yet.
SSC MTS 2024 registration will start from May 7, 2024. As per the SSC Calendar released by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC), the last date to apply for SSC MTS is June 6, 2024. However, the official exam date is not yet released. Candidates can expect SSC MTS exam date to be around July-August 2024.
SSC MTS 2024
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts a national-level government recruitment exam for Multi-Tasking (MTS) and non-technical job posts. The recruitment exam is conducted annually to select candidates for various Grade ‘C’ and ‘D’ posts in several departments of the Indian Government. Some of such posts include those of a Jamadar, Peon, Safaiwala, etc.
The SSC MTS 2023 Notification was released on 30th June, and the application process was started along with it. The last date to apply for the exam was 21st July 2023. Check below for the download link to SSC MTS 2024 Notification PDF-
|SSC MTS Notification 2024 PDF|
Applicants who are looking for recruitment in the central government departments through the SSC MTS exam 2024, will need to qualify for Paper 1, which is a computer-based test (CBT) comprising four sections. For the post of SSC MTS Havaldar, applicants will further need to clear a Physical Efficiency Test (PET.) Previously, there used to be a descriptive paper as well, which has now been discontinued by the exam authorities.
Also Check: SSC MTS Pattern 2024
Continue reading to get a detailed understanding of the SSC MTS exam 2024, and learn about SSC MTS Sarkari Result, syllabus, pattern, salary, vacancy and more.
SSC MTS Notification 2024
According to the SSC Exam Calendar 2024, the Staff Selection Commission is supposed to publish the SSC MTS & Havaldar Exam notification 2024 in May 2024. In addition, the SSC Examination Calendar 2024 stated that the online application process is expected to begin on May 7, 2024 and end on June 6, 2024.
SSC MTS Eligibility Criteria 2024
SSC MTS Eligibility criteria which have been published by the exam conducting body should be checked carefully. It determines who is eligible to take the exam based on several factors. Before applying for the future sessions of SSC MTS 2024, individuals must ensure that they fulfil the eligibility parameters prescribed by the Staff Selection Commission. The eligibility criteria for appearing in the SSC MTS Exam 2024 pertain to the following 3 parameters:
- Nationality: Candidates applying for the SSC MTS 2024 must be citizens of India. Along with this, candidates who are subject of Nepal, Bhutan, or Tibetan refugees can also apply for the exam. Applicants of Indian origin who have now permanently settled in India may also register.
- Age Limit: The maximum and minimum age limit to fill SSC MTS 2024 application form is 18 to 25 years. However, for the Havaldar (CBN and CBIC) post, the upper age limit is 27 years. Age relaxation has been provided to reserved category candidates.
- Educational Qualification: Candidates must have a class 10th qualification from a recognized board. Further, candidates who will be taking the 10th-grade exam may also complete the SSC MTS application.
Read More: SSC MTS Eligibility 2024
SSC MTS 2024 Exam Dates
SSC MTS 2024 Cycle Dates-
SSC MTS Examination 2024 Notification
May 7, 2024
SSC MTS Application Start Date
May 7, 2024
SSC MTS apply online last date 2024
June 6, 2024
SSC MTS Form Correction
Release of SSC MTS Tier 1 admit card
SSC MTS Exam Date 2024
SSC MTS Application Form 2024
SSC MTS 2024 registration is to start on May 7, 2024, as per the SSC Exam Calendar 2024 released by the Staff Selection Commission. However, the dates are tentative as of now and are subject to change.
Meanwhile, eligible candidates can check the steps to apply for SSC MTS 2024 below:
- Go to the official website of SSC at ssc.nic.in
- Once on the homepage, candidates will have to register themselves with SSC by entering their personal and academic information
- After successfully filling up the SSC MTS registration form 2024, candidates must fill up the MTS Application form by providing documents and other required details
- Verify the details provided in the application form and then pay the prescribed SSC MTS application fee
- The candidates should download and get a printed copy of the complete SSC MTS application form
Check More: SSC MTS Registration 2024
SSC MTS Admit Card 2024
SSC MTS admit cards are released by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) on the regional websites. Candidates who registered for the exam will be able to download their admit cards using registration number and date of birth.
The admit card released date has not been yet released by the commission. However, admit cards are generally released 5-7 days before the scheduled exam date.
SSC MTS admit card 2024 is released in two phases – Tier 1 (CBE) and Physical Efficiency Test/Physical Standard Test for the post of Havaldar in CBIC and CBN. SSC MTS Admit Card for all stages of the examination will be issued online at the SSC Regional Websites Office.
SSC MTS Exam Pattern
The Staff Selection Commission will conduct the SSC MTS and Havaldar examination every year for the recruitment of candidates for Group C posts. The SSC MTS Exam pattern 2024 consists of two stages– Paper 1 and PET/PST for Havaldar in the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) and the Central Bureau of Narcotics (CBN) under the Department of Revenue, Ministry of Finance.
Candidates aspiring to appear for the SSC MTS examination can acquire a comprehensive understanding of the SSC MTS exam pattern 2024 to increase their chances of being selected for the desired job post. The MTS Exam pattern is listed in the table below:
SSC Exam Pattern 2024
Numerical and Mathematical Ability, Reasoning Ability and Problem-Solving, General Awareness, English Language and Comprehension
SSC MTS Syllabus 2024
Candidates who plan to take the SSC MTS 2024 exam should start studying after fully understanding the MTS syllabus. Every year, over 40 lakh students register for the MTS Recruitment exam. Therefore, applicants must become familiar with the SSC MTS Syllabus 2024 to qualify for one of the most competitive government recruitment tests at the matriculation (Class 10th) level. The SSC MTS Tier 1 CBE Examination comprises 4 sections – General Intelligence & Reasoning, Numerical Aptitude, General Awareness and General English. The difficulty level of the SSC MTS Examination is easy to moderate.
Read More: SSC MTS Syllabus 2024
SSC MTS Vacancy 2024
SSC MTS vacancy 2024 will be released along with the official notification. Moreover, the commission released approximately 1558 vacancies for multitasking staff and havaldars for the SSC MTS 2023 Exam.
- MTS: 1198 (approx.)
- Havaldar in CBIC and CBN: 360
The following table shows the SSC MTS Vacancy 2023 by category and post-
|Age Group 18-25||518||250||79||44||107||998|
|Age Group 18-27||100||53||14||13||20||200|
SSC MTS Results 2024
The SSC MTS Sarkari Results will be released separately for paper 1 and PET exams. For SSC MTS 2024, the result will be available a few months after the exam has been successfully conducted. Marks of qualified/non-qualified candidates will be available for download only on the official website for a certain period. Candidates are advised to regularly update themselves with the information published by the commission on the official website.
SSC MTS Answer Key 2024
The SSC has released the SSC MTS Answer Key 2024 for the Multitasking Staff and Havaldar exams.
The purpose of the Provisional Answer Key is to allow candidates a stipulated period to challenge the answers provided in the Provisional SSC MTS Answer Key 2024. Candidates will have to pay Rs 100/- per question, and, if the challenges are found correct, the SSC Answer Key challenge fee will be refunded to the candidate. The Challenge to the answer key can be submitted in only online mode with a valid explanation of the proposed answer.
SSC MTS Cut-Off 2024
Candidates applying for the SSC MTS 2024 must have a comprehensive understanding of the SSC MTS Cutoff trend. The SSC MTS cutoff is made public by the Commission along with its result pdf. For each state and each category within a state, the Commission publishes a separate cutoff.
To gauge the degree of competition in different states, candidates can look up the cutoff for their category and state. The number of vacancies and the cutoff are inversely related. It implies that the lower the cutoff greater the number of SSC MTS vacancies. As the exams are yet to be conducted, the SSC MTS 2022 cycle cutoff is not available.
SSC MTS Exam Centre 2024
The SSC conducts the annual SSC MTS Exam at various centres nationwide. Applicants are given the opportunity to choose their preferred centre while filling out the application form. The final allocation of the centre is based on the candidate's choice. In case the selected SSC MTS exam centre has no available seats, SSC will assign a different location based on availability.
Here are the SSC MTS 2024 Exam Centers & Codes for each region and the corresponding states/UTs under their jurisdiction:
Northern Region (NR)/ NCT of Delhi, Rajasthan, and Uttarakhand:
- Dehradun (2002), Haldwani (2003), Haridwar (2005), Roorkee (2006), Delhi (2201), Ajmer (2401), Alwar (2402), Bharatpur (2403), Bikaner (2404), Jaipur (2405), Jodhpur (2406), Kota (2407), Sriganganagar (2408), Udaipur (2409), Sikar (2411)
North Eastern Region (NER)/ Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, and Tripura:
- Itanagar (5001), Dibrugarh (5102), Guwahati (Dispur) (5105), Jorhat (5107), Silchar (5111), Kohima (5302), Shillong (5401), Imphal (5501), Churachandpur (5502), Ukhrul (5503), Agartala(5601), Aizwal (5701)
North Western Sub-Region (NWR)/ Chandigarh, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, and Punjab:
- Chandigarh/ Mohali (1601), Hamirpur (1202), Shimla (1203), Jammu (1004), Leh (1005), Samba (1010), Srinagar (J&K) (1007), Jalandhar (1402), Ludhiana (1405), Patiala (1403), Amritsar (1404)
Central Region (CR)/ Bihar and Uttar Pradesh:
- Agra (3001), Gorakhpur (3007), Jhansi (3008), Kanpur (3009), Lucknow (3010), Meerut (3011), Prayagraj (3003), Varanasi(3013), Bhagalpur (3201), Darbhanga (3202), Muzaffarpur(3205), Patna(3206), Purnea (3209)
Eastern Region (ER)/ Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Jharkhand, Odisha, Sikkim, and West Bengal:
- Port Blair (4802), Ranchi (4205), Balasore (4601), Berhampore (Odisha) (4602), Bhubaneshwar (4604), Cuttack(4605), Dhenkenal (4611), Rourkela (4610), Sambalpur(4609), Gangtok (4001), Hooghly (4418), Kolkata (4410), Siliguri (4415)
Karnataka, Kerala Region (KKR)/ Lakshadweep, Karnataka, and Kerala:
- Belagavi (9002), Bengaluru (9001), Hubballi (9011), Kalaburagi (Gulbarga) (9005), Mangaluru (9008), Mysuru (9009), Shivamogga (9010), Udupi (9012), Ernakulam (9213), Kannur (9202), Kollam (9210), Kottayam (9205), Kozhikode (9206), Thrissur (9212), Thiruvananthapuram (9211), Kavaratti (9401)
Madhya Pradesh Sub-Region (MPR)/ Chhattisgarh and Madhya Pradesh:
- Bhopal (6001), Gwalior (6005), Indore(6006), Jabalpur (6007), Satna (6014), Sagar (6015), Ujjain (6016), Bilaspur (6202), Raipur (6204), Durg-Bhilai (6205)
Southern Region (SR)/ Andhra Pradesh, Puducherry, Tamil Nadu, and Telangana:
- Chirala (8011), Guntur (8001), Kakinada (8009), Kurnool (8003), Nellore (8010), Rajahmundry (8004), Tirupati (8006), Vizianagaram (8012), Vijaywada (8008), Vishakhapatnam (8007), Puducherry (8401), Chennai (8201), Coimbatore (8202), Madurai (8204), Salem (8205), Tiruchirapalli (8206), Tirunelveli (8207), Vellore (8208), Hyderabad (8601), Karimnagar (8604), Warangal (8603)
Western Region (WR)/ Dadra and Nagar Haveli, Daman and Diu, Goa, Gujarat, and Maharashtra:
- Panaji (7801), Ahmedabad (7001), Anand (7011), Gandhinagar (7012), Mehsana (7013), Rajkot (7006), Surat (7007), Vadodara (7002), Amravati (7201), Aurangabad (7202), Jalgaon (7214), Kolhapur (7203), Mumbai (7204), Nagpur (7205), Nanded (7206), Nashik (7207), Pune (7208)
SSC MTS Salary 2024
The salary of a candidate recruited through the MTS Exam depends on the level of the position and the location of the posting of the candidates. The SSC MTS Salary per location is divided into three categories.
X - Tier 1 Cities (Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata etc)
Y - Tier 2 Cities (Kanpur, Vadodara, Agra, etc)
Z - Tier 3 Cities (Matura, Trivandrapuram, Sonipat, etc.)
According to the 7th Central Pay Commission (CPC) recommendations, the pay scale for MTS positions is Level-1 in the Pay Matrix, which ranges from Rs. 18,000 to Rs. 56,900 per month. The salary also includes additional allowances such as Dearness Allowance (DA), House Rent Allowance (HRA), and Transport Allowance (TA).
SSC MTS 2024 Books 2024
Selecting the right books and study materials will be essential while preparing for the SSC MTS 2024 exam. Aspirants should be aware that they must read multiple books and other online resources, This is because referring to multiple sources will allow aspirants to expand their knowledge and will spearhead to qualify for one of India's most competitive examinations.
Read More: SSC MTS Books 2024
SSC MTS Exam Preparation 2024
The difficulty level of the SSC MTS Exam is easy to moderate, however, the number of registrations marginalizes the number of posts released for recruitment. So a robust and strategic preparation plan is of utmost importance.
Some prep tips are mentioned below for the reference of interested candidates-
- Prepare a Study Plan
- Know the exam pattern and syllabus well
- Know the SSC MTS cutoff trends
- Aim at step by Step execution
- Revise and try to reapply the concepts
- Know your strengths and weaknesses and prepare accordingly
- Attempt mock tests and sample papers
SSC MTS Selection Process 2024
The SSC MTS recruitment for candidates is done based on the final Merit List prepared by the SSC, after multiple tier-wise cutoff lists. Each MTA Cutoff list is used to shortlist the candidates for the next stage of the examination. Candidates shortlisted after the completion of the SSC MTS examinations stages will get a call for the Document Verification round in the respective allotted department.
SSC MTS Paper Analysis 2024
The SSC MTS 2022 cycle has been conducted. Recently, phase two of the exam was held between the 13th to 20th of June 2024. To check the paper analysis, read: SSC MTS Paper Analysis
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is SSC MTS?
SSC MTS Exam is a National-level government recruitment examination for the post of MultibTasking non-technical job posts and Havaldar Post. Some posts include- Mali, Safaiwala, Peon, etc.
How many Vacancies are available for SSC MTS 2023?
According to the latest notice, there are a total of 1558 vacancies for the 2023 cycle.
I want to apply for the SSC MTS Exam 2024. When can I do that?
SSC MTS 2024 exam registration will start on May 7, 2023 and end on June 6, 2024.
How much is the application cost for the SSC MTS Exam 2024?
Candidates applying from the General Category for the SSC MTS Exam will have to pay an amount of Rs 100. However, for Women, the fee is exempted.
Where can I get the official announcement for the SSC MTS Recruitment 2024?
SSC MTS 2024 notification will release on May 7, 2024. Along with it, application forms will also be released. The official notification will be declared on ssc.nic.in
When will the SSC MTS Notification 2024 be released?
SSC MTS Notification 2024 will be released on May 7, 2024.
What is the MTS salary?
The 7th Pay Commission forms the basis for the system of pay, which consists of several components. The gross income for SSC MTS might range from Rs 18,000 to Rs 22,000 per month, depending on the city of posting and other criteria. The basic pay for SSC MTS is Rs 18,000 per month.
EXPLORE UPCOMING EXAMSVIEW MORE
EXPLORE OTHER EXAMSVIEW MORE