BITS Pilani in News: BITS Pilani has announced that it would not be publishing highest salary/package anymore on its official website., for its Pilani, Goa, and Hyderabad campuses. The institute will limit its placement statistics declaration to average and median salary. The decision was made with the intention of fostering increased healthy competition among students. In the academic year 2022-23, at various BITS campuses, the median domestic salary has increased to 18 lakhs, reflecting a growth of 12% compared to the previous academic year in 2021-22. Moreover, the average domestic salary has expanded to 20.74 lakhs, marking an 11% growth over the preceding academic year. In addition, the minimum salary has seen a substantial 17% increase from the previous year. Another noteworthy observation is the 10% rise in the number of distinct companies that have participated in campus placements this year.
Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani (BITS Pilani) is a private deemed university located in Pilani, Jhunjhunu, India. It largely focuses on advanced study and scientific and engineering research. The first worldwide recognised university, pioneering in science, engineering, management, and research with 5 operational campuses and 15 academic departments, has expanded to include a campus in Dubai. It is one of the initial six institutions—six in total—to receive the 2018 Institute of Eminence recognition.
The BITS Pilani campus has a total area of 328 acres (1,330,000 m2); of that, 49 acres (200,000 m2) is developed, of which 15 acres (61,000 m2) are used for the BITS building. The institute includes a total of fourteen hostels. A "Bhawan" is the name given to each hostel. Only one of the fourteen dormitories, Meera Bhawan, is exclusively for women.
BITS, Pilani has been accredited by the National Assessment & Accreditation Council (NAAC) with a grade “A” with a CGPA of 3.45 on a four point scale. Since its foundation, BITS Pilani has also consistently kept its ranking. The institution is ranked #25 for best engineering college in India by NIRF 2023. BITS Pilani recently emerged in the 1001–1200 range of the QS World University Ranking 2023. Additionally, BITS Pilani's position in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2022 ranged from 801 to 1000.
The institute provides MBA, B.E/B.Tech, M.Sc, M.Pharm, and B.Pharm courses at UG & PG level. The results of the institute's entrance test are used to determine admission to BITS Pilani. BITSAT test results are used to determine admission to integrated first-year degrees like BE/BTech, MSc, and BPharm. Every year, there are two sessions for the exam. Based on the results of the BITS HD test, BITS Pilani grants admission to its Higher Degree programmes, such as ME/MPharm. The results of the BAAT are used to select applicants for the MBA programme. The fee structure for all courses at BITS Pilani is around INR 10 lakhs.
BITS Pilani gave about 1040 seats to students in various disciplines this year. The institute offers 150 seats for the B.E. Computer Engineering degree, 60 for the Bachelor of Pharmacy, 30 for the MBA programme, 120 for mechanical engineering and 120 for electrical and electronic engineering, among other programmes. The best part is that BITS Pilani works to place students in reputable firms in addition to offering them admission on multiple seats. The average compensation in the BITS Pilani B.Tech placement drive 2022 was 28.99 lakhs per year. DaVinci Derivatives' 1.33 CPA was the highest CTC that was made available. Moreover, the number of offers has increased by 24% as compared to the previous year.
BITS Pilani Location
BITS Pilani may be accessed by car or train. The nearest railway stations are Chirawa (16 km) on the Western railway and Loharu (16 km) on the Northern railway (24 Km). Regular bus services run between Delhi and Pilani, as well as Jaipur and Pilani. The buses depart from the Inter-State Bus Terminal (ISBT) and Kashmiri Gate in Delhi. Buses from Jaipur depart at the Rajasthan State Roadways bus stop, Sindhi camp. The campus is relatively near to the Pilani bus stop.
BITS Pilani Ranking & Accreditation
- The National Assessment & Accreditation Council (NAAC) has accredited BITS Pilani with a grade of "A" and a CGPA of 3.45 on a four-point scale.
- NIRF 2022 ranks the institution as the 29th top engineering college in India.
- NIRF Ranking 2022 also ranks it #32 in the overall category.
- BITS Pilani is ranked 1001-1200 in the QS World University Ranking 2023.
- Furthermore, BITS Pilani was ranked between 801 and 1000 in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2022.
BITS Pilani Courses & Fees
Candidates must have passed 10+2 in PCM with minimum 75% of aggregate marks. Candidates must also have scored 60% in respective subjects
Candidates must have passed 10+2 in PCB with minimum 75% marks in aggregate and 60% each in respective subjects.
Candidates must have completed B.E/B.Tech degree with a minimum 60% marks in aggregate
Candidates must have passed 10+2 in science with a 75% marks in aggregate overall and 60% each in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
Candidates must have a B.Pharm degree with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate
Candidates must possess a B.Tech. / B.E. B. Pharma / B.Arch. M.A. / M.Sc. / or equivalent, with a minimum of 60% in aggregate or an equivalent CGPA in any of these Qualifying Degrees. The candidate must have studied mathematics or statistics in 12th grade and received at least 60% in any of these disciplines.
Candidates must have a master degree with minimum 60% marks as aggregate
BITS Pilani Admission
Candidates seeking admission to BITS Pilani in any of the institute's programmes must take the institute's entrance test. For admission to the majority of its programmes, the institution administers its own admission test. The admissions procedure for the following programmes is as follows:
BITS Pilani B.E/B.Tech Admission
- Candidates seeking admission to the B.E/B.Tech must fulfill the eligibility criteria set by the institute.
- Fill out the application form available on the official website of BITS Pilani
- Appear for the BITSAT examination
- Following the conclusion of the examination, the institute will release the merit list.
- Candidates meeting the cutoff are required to appear for the BITS counselling process.
- The institute will then release the seat allocation list based on which shortlisted candidates are required to pay the fees and confirm their admission.
BITS Pilani M.Sc Admission
- Appear for the BITSAT exam conducted by BITS Pilani
- Meet the minimum cutoff released by the institute and participate in the counselling round.
- Following the counselling round, the institute will release the seat allocation list based on which final admission will be granted
BITS Pilani B.Pharm Admission
- Candidates seeking admission to the B.Pharm course at BITS Pilani must appear for the BITSAT examination.
- Following the conclusion of the exam, the institute will release the merit list.
- Candidates clearing the minimum cutoff have to appear for the counselling round.
- The final seat allocation will be done by the institute after the completion of the counselling process.
- Shortlisted candidates are then required to pay the fees and confirm their admission
BITS Pilani M.Tech Admission
- Appear for the GATE or BITS HD exam (conducted by the BITS Pilani) and obtain a valid score.
- Based on the scores obtained by the candidates, the institute will release the merit list.
- Shortlisted candidates will be then invited for the interview round.
- The final merit list will be released after the PI round.
- Selected candidates will be called for document verification and submission of fees.
BITS Pilani MBA Admission
- Candidates must make sure they fulfill the eligibility criteria and apply for the MBA program.
- Take the BAAT entrance exam for MBA admission at BITS Pilani
- The institute will then release the merit list based on which they will be called for the personal interview round.
- Thereafter, the institute will release the final merit list
- Selected candidates will then be called for document verification and payment of admission fee.
BITS Pilani PhD Admission
- Appear for the entrance examination conducted by the institute and obtain a valid score.
- The institute will release the merit list based on which students will be called for the personal interview round.
- The final merit list is released after the conclusion of the interview process
- Shortlisted candidates are then called for document verification and submission of fees.
BITS Pilani Placement
Every year, the BITS Pilani placement cell organizes placement drives for its students. In addition, the cell offers pre-placement training for its students based on current employment demands and standards. The following are the 2021 placement highlights from the NIRF Report 2022:
No. of Students Placed (4-year UG Programs)
Median Salary (4-year UG Programs)
No. of Students Placed (2-year PG Programs)
Median Salary (2-year PG Programs)
BITS Pilani Scholarship
The engineering and technology institute offers a variety of scholarships to students in order to let them study despite financial restrictions. Scholarships are awarded based on the candidate's academic record and financial need. Candidates seeking financial support must meet the institution's eligibility criteria. The BITS Pilani scholarship covers the following types of awards:
Board Toppers: Students who have achieved the top three positions (First, Second, and Third) in their respective boards in the 12th standard are awarded a merit scholarship of 100%, 75%, and 50% of the first semester tuition fee, respectively.
Merit in Qualifying Examination: Merit scholarships of 20% of first semester tuition fees are offered to students who obtained 90% or higher in the aggregate of the Qualifying Examination. A merit scholarship of 15% is awarded to students who received 80% or above in the aggregate of the Qualifying Examination but less than 90%.
Merit in Competitive Examinations: Depending on the score secured in the AIEEE or IIT-JEE examination, students are awarded scholarships from 25%-75% of the first year tuition fee.
Merit Scholarships for Continuing Students: Those students whose cumulative grade point average is at least 9.00 on a 10.00 scale are granted a merit scholarship of 20% of tuition fees the following semester.
BITS Pilani Facilities & Infrastructure
With 34 On-Campus faculty members and 14 Off-Campus faculty members, BITS Pilani is one of the finest places to study engineering. Students have access to a library and an advanced laboratory through the institution. The institute also offers sports facilities, auditorium, and promotes participation in cultural activities for development of the students. The detailed information on BITS Pilani facilities is as follows:
Hostel Facilities: The Institute is entirely residential, and all pupils are supplied with hostel accommodations. There are six boys' hostels and two girls' hostels. Every hostel occupant is furnished with basic facilities such as a cot, desk, recliner, ceiling fan, and wardrobe. Solar water heating systems are installed in each hostel.
Library: The library has about 20,000 books in its collection and subscribes to over 115 Indian and 60 international journals. Students get accessibility to over 3500 e-journals. It offers an e-books repository where faculty and students may access over 15000 e-books.
Physical & Sports Facility: The school has many indoor and outdoor sports facilities to enhance students' physical wellness. There is also a gym for boys and girls with modern equipment.
Health & Wellness Center: A medical facility is opened and is offering medical services to students and employees around the clock. For any consultations, two male physicians, a compounder/lab-technician, and a sister are available on campus.
Labs: The BITS-Pilani Campus is home to cutting-edge research facilities for chemistry, biology, and pharmacy. Measurement methods labs are now being built in biology, chemistry, physics, and microbiology. A 20-seat computer-based language lab is also available to help students improve their communication skills.
BITS Pilani Collaborations
- Hiroshima University
- Tel Aviv University
- Trinity College
- University of Toronto
- University of Agder
- Florida International University
- Pace University
- Norwegian University of Science and Technology
- Laurentian University
- Cardiff University
- University of Nottingham
- La Trobe University
- Macquarie University
BITS Pilani Notable Alumni
- Baba Kalyani: Chairman & Managing Director, Bharat Forge
- Anu Hasan: Indian Actress & TV Anchor
- Kaniha: Indian Actress
- Prithiviraj Chavan: 17th Chief Minister of Maharashtra
- B. Sandhya: Director General, Kerala Fire & Rescue Services
- Dilip D’Souza: Indian Writer & Journalist
- Sabeer Bhatia: Founder, Hotmail.com
- Gaurav Chaudhary: Youtuber, Known as Technical Guruji
- Nanaji Deshmukh: Indian Social Activist & Reformer
- Sunil Duggal: Former CEO, Dabur
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the admission procedure for the B.Tech program at BITS Pilani?
The admission process for B.Tech at BITS Pilani encompasses several steps. Applicants are required to complete an online application form and submit the necessary documents. Additionally, candidates must take the Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test (BITSAT), a computer-based examination.
Could you provide details about the fee structure for the B.Tech program at BITS Pilani?
The comprehensive fee structure for the B.Tech program at BITS Pilani amounts to INR 21.15 Lakhs. This encompasses admission fees, semester fees, hostel charges, and other relevant advances.
What were the placement figures for BITS Pilani in 2023?
In 2023, BITS Pilani witnessed the participation of 109 recruiters. The highest package extended was INR 60.75 LPA, while the average package reached INR 30.37 LPA.
What was the highest placement package offered in 2023 at BITS Pilani?
The pinnacle placement package for 2023 at BITS Pilani reached INR 60.75 LPA.
What was the average placement package offered in 2023 at BITS Pilani?
The mean placement package provided to students in 2023 at BITS Pilani was INR 30.37 LPA.
Which corporations were among the prominent recruiters at BITS Pilani in 2023?
Notable companies that were recruited from BITS Pilani in 2023 encompassed Google, Microsoft, Amazon, Visa, Adobe, Cisco, and others.
What is the NIRF ranking of BITS Pilani in 2023?
As per the most recent NIRF 2023 rankings, BITS Pilani has secured the 20th rank among the top universities in India.
What is the Engineering ranking of BITS Pilani according to NIRF 2023?
In the NIRF Ranking 2023, BITS Pilani has been placed 25th in the Engineering category.
DCECE Result 2023 Released - Check Here