ICSE Class 10 Exam Pattern 2023: Check Group-wise Marking Scheme, Question TypeICSE Class 10 Exam Pattern is determined by the Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (CISCE). The subjects in the ICSE Class 10 board exam are divided into three groups.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Who releases the ICSE Class 10 Exam Pattern?
The Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (CISCE) releases the ICSE Class 10 exam pattern on its official website.
Which subjects are compulsory for ICSE Class 10 board exam?
There are four compulsory subjects for ICSE Class 10 board examination. These subjects are English, History & Civics, Geography, and Any Second Language.
Can I take Sanskrit as Second Language in Group 1 and Sanskrit as Classical Language in Group 3?
No, candidates are not allowed to take the Sanskrit language in both Group 1 & Group 3.
Does History, Civics & Geography exam are conducted combined?
History & Civics papers are conducted combined. Only geography paper is conducted separately.
How many subjects can I choose from ICSE Class 10 Group 2 subjects?
There are a total of 7 subjects included in Group 2. Candidates are allowed to choose 2 subjects out of total.
What are the combinations of subjects which cannot be taken in ICSE Class 10 board exams?
The combination of subjects which are not allowed for candidates to take in the board exams:
- Modern Foreign Languages should not be the same from Group 2 and Group 3.
- Group 2 Environmental Science and Group 3 Environmental Applications cannot be taken together.
- Group 2 Economics and Group 3 Economic Applications cannot be taken together.
- Group 2 Commercial Studies and Group 3 Commercial Applications cannot be taken together.
- Sanskrit as a second language subject in Group 1 and Sanskrit as a classical language in Group 2 cannot be taken together by the candidate.
EXPLORE UPCOMING EXAMSVIEW MORE
EXPLORE OTHER EXAMSVIEW MORE