CBSE Class 10 Exam Pattern 2024 has been revised. The revised CBSE class 10 exam pattern is available on the official CBSE website. Students can download the revised CBSE 10th exam pattern for all subjects from the official CBSE website. The CBSE 10th exam pattern 2023-24 has been revised so as to enhance learning & concept application skills among the class 10 students.
As per the latest CBSE class 10 exam pattern 2024 50% of the questions will be competency-based (MCQs, source-based questions, case study-based questions, etc.), 20% of the questions will be MCQs and 30% of the questions will be short/long answer type questions. Through the revised class 10 exam pattern, CBSE aims to lessen the habit of rote learning among the students and help them understand the concepts well. It must be noted that along with the exam pattern, the CBSE 10th Syllabus 2023-24 also has been revised.
CBSE has released the schedule for the CBSE 10th Exam 2023-24 on its official website. The CBSE class 10 board exams 2024 will begin in the month of February 2024. Students are advised to consistently prepare for the board exams throughout the year. Students must approach the class 10 board exams with the right strategy.
Latest Changes Made to CBSE 10th Exam Pattern 2023-24
CBSE’s objective is to introduce Competency-Focused Education, incorporating a greater emphasis on competency-based inquiries to evaluate students’ ability to apply concepts in real-life scenarios. The year-end board exams will feature a higher proportion of application-oriented questions, presented in formats such as MCQs, Case-Based Questions, Source-based Integrated Questions, or other similar types.
Comparison between CBSE Class 10 Exam Pattern 2023 & 2024
The comparison between the class 10 CBSE exam pattern for 2023 & 2024 has been shown below:
|CBSE Class 10 Exam pattern 2023 (for theory paper)||CBSE Class 10 Exam pattern 2024 (for theory paper)|
|Competency Based Questions are 40% in the form of Multiple-Choice Questions, Case Based Questions, Source Based Integrated Questions or any other type.Objective Questions are 20%Remaining 40% Questions are Short Answer/ Long Answer Questions||Competency Focused Questions in the form of MCQs/Case Based Questions, Source-based Integrated Questions or any other type = 50%Select response type questions(MCQ) = 20%Constructed response questions (Short Answer/Long Answer type Questions, as per existing pattern) = 30%|
More About Competency-Based Questions
Competency-based questions are commonly presented in formats such as case studies, reasoning, and assertion, response-based scenarios, objective types, or other similar structures. These queries evaluate the practical application of acquired knowledge in real-life scenarios, thereby gauging the candidates’ advanced cognitive abilities. As a result, the focus is on fostering qualitative and logical learning among students, rather than mere memorization of fundamental concepts.
Why Opt for Competency-Focused Education?
Competency-focused education is an approach to learning that focuses on the mastery of specific skills and knowledge, rather than the completion of a set amount of coursework. This approach has a number of advantages, including:
- More student-centered: In competency-focused education, students are responsible for their own learning. They are given clear goals and expectations, and they are allowed to work at their own pace to achieve those goals. This gives students more control over their education and allows them to learn in a way that is most effective for them.
- More flexible: Competency-focused education can be adapted to the needs of individual learners. Students can learn at their own pace, and they can focus on the skills and knowledge that are most important to them. This makes it a good fit for students with different learning styles and needs.
- More relevant to the real world: Competency-focused education focuses on the skills and knowledge that students need to be successful in the workplace. This makes it a more relevant and engaging learning experience for students.
- Leads to faster completion times: In competency-focused education, students can progress to new skills as soon as they have mastered the current skill. This can lead to faster completion times, especially for students who are already familiar with the material.
- Improve student outcomes: Studies have shown that competency-focused education can lead to improved student outcomes, such as higher grades and increased job satisfaction.
Class 10 students who will be appearing for the CBSE board exams 2023-24 take note of the changes introduced in the CBSE class 10 exam pattern & accordingly prepare for the board examinations.