JEE Main 2024: The much-anticipated Joint Entrance Examination (Main) is all set to begin its course from January 24, 2024, to February 1, 2024. The JEE Main exam is designed for candidates who wish to pursue bachelor’s courses in engineering, architecture, and planning. JEE Main city intimation slip will release soon at jeemain.nta.ac.in. The official JEE main admit card will be issued 3 days before the examination begins.
With only one month left until the examination, aspirants need to adopt a disciplined approach towards their preparation for the exam. This approach includes dividing the time for each subject equally and practicing the key topics for each subject.
The JEE Main syllabus is divided into three major subjects: physics, chemistry, and mathematics. The main test paper contains 90 questions, 30 for each section, with a total weightage of 300 marks.
JEE Main 2024: Subject-wise Preparation
Each subject in JEE Main requires individual attention from the candidates. Here is how the subject-wise preparation can be divided for JEE Main aspirants:
JEE Main 2024: Mathematics Preparation
Mathematics requires the most amount of practice. Since there is no theoretical approach to the subject, the preparation tips mainly include solving as many problems as possible. JEE Main aspirants can take up previous years’ papers, mock tests, and practice books designed as per the mathematics syllabus.
Some of the key important topics for the mathematics syllabus in JEE Main 2024 include:
- Trigonometry: To be well-versed with trigonometry, divide each section and practice it accordingly. JEE Main aspirants are advised to divide the sections of trigonometry, including equations, identities, formulae, and triangle solutions separately.
- Calculus: Two major sub-topics of calculus are differentiation and integration. Calculus can come in various forms in the JEE Main test paper.
- Algebra: This is considered one of the most important topics in mathematics. Candidates preparing for algebra must focus majorly on sub-topics, including quadratic equations, series and progressions, binomial theorem, complex numbers, and permutations and combinations.
- Coordinate Geometry: Coordinate geometry forms the base for 3D geometry in mathematics. The major topics under this include 2D geometry, straight lines, circles, parabola, hyperbola, and ellipse.
- 3D Geometry and Vectors: Before beginning the preparation for 3D geometry, aspirants must have their basic knowledge of coordinate geometry. The basic topics under this include the distance between two points, section formula, coplanar lines, angle between two intersecting lines, and direction ratios.
JEE Main 2024: Physics Preparation
Physics contains a combination of theoretical and practical topics and sub-topics. Here are some of the major topics candidates should not miss while preparing for JEE Mains.
- Thermodynamics: This topic not only prepares students for physics but also covers certain topics from chemistry. Thermodynamics is a lengthy topic. Therefore, students should prepare notes for the topic and try to keep them as precise and to the point as possible.
- Oscillations and Waves: Preparing candidates must remember to cover topics including periodic motion, simple harmonic motion, kinetic energy and potential energy, a simple pendulum, wave motion, displacement, reflection of waves, beats, and the Doppler effect in sound.
- Wave Optics: The mainly covered topics under optics include reflection and refraction. While the topic is not very extensive, students should have their basic knowledge of all the formulas. Laws of reflection and refraction under Huygen’s principle are important topics to cover.
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents: Mainly covered in the syllabus of class 12, this topic is still fairly important in the JEE syllabus. The most important topics include Faraday’s law, Lenz’s law, alternating currents, and RMS values.
Also check: JEE Main Exam Pattern 2024
JEE Main 2024: Chemistry Preparation
Chemistry is mainly divided into three major topics: organic chemistry, inorganic chemistry, and physical chemistry. The key tip to prepare for chemistry is to read the NCERT book very carefully for clearing the basic understanding of the subject.
Here are the important sub-topics under the three main topics of chemistry:
- Organic Chemistry: The key to preparing for organic chemistry is to clear the basic concepts. Important topics under organic chemistry include organic compounds, biomolecules and polymers, basic principles of organic chemistry, and ozonolysis.
- Inorganic Chemistry: Chemical bonding and periodic tables are the subtopics with the most weightage. Students can easily score well if they prepare thoroughly. Other important topics include coordination compounds, isolation of metals, environmental chemistry, hydrogen, and metallurgy.
- Physical Chemistry: This part of chemistry has the most amount of numericals. The most important sub-topics under physical chemistry include redox reactions, state of matter, solutions, chemical thermodynamics, structure of atoms, and nuclear chemistry.
JEE Main 2024: Important Tips
After subject-wise preparation tips, here are some important general tips to remember while preparing for the JEE Main exam.
- Remember to take up as many mock exams and previous years’ test papers as possible.
- Don’t spend too much time on a problem you are unable to solve; move on to the next topic and come back later to the previous problem.
- Prepare a timetable and follow the schedule regularly. Don’t go for excessive study sessions as they can result in unnecessary mental strain.
- Follow a balanced diet and set a sleep schedule.
For more information about the JEE Main 2024 exam, visit jeemain.nta.ac.in.