NEET UG Counselling 2024 registration to begin soon; Check application, choice locking & seat allotment details here

NEET Counselling 2024 application process will begin soon online. Qualifying candidates will be able to register using their login credentials. NEET UG result was announced on July 4, 2024.

NEET UG Counselling 2024
NEET UG Counselling 2024 to begin soon at

NEET UG Counselling 2024 Date: NTA has released the result for NEET UG exam 2024 on June 4. Candidates who appeared for the examination are now eligible to download their scorecards online from the official NEET website. To download the result, students require their application number and date of birth at the login portal.

This year, about 24 lakh students appeared for NEET UG exam 2024. Out of these, around 13 lakh candidates have qualified in the examination. NTA has released the detailed merit list for NEET UG toppers along with the results. Students who have qualified for NEET UG this year will be eligible to apply for the NEET counselling 2024 online. 

Also Read: NEET UG Toppers’ List Name Out – Check Toppers Preparation Strategy

When will NEET counselling 2024 begin?

The NEET UG counselling 2024 schedule pdf will be released soon. The Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) will conduct the NEET counselling process for 15% of All India Quota (AIQ) seats in online mode. The remaining 85% of admissions will be looked upon by the respective state authorities. Qualifying candidates will be notified about the registration dates, counselling rounds, and all other details via a notification soon. Last year, the NEET UG counselling round 1 was held on July 20. 


NEET UG Counselling Process 2024

The counselling process for qualified candidates in NEET UG 2024 will begin online. The NEET counselling will be done in four major rounds – round 1, round 2, mop up round, and stray vacancy round. The first two rounds will be for 15% AIQ seats in central and deemed universities. Counselling process for remaining 85% seats will be done in the Mop up round or round 3. The stray vacancy round will take place for those candidates who did not get admission in the first three rounds. 

The first step is to register for the NEET counselling online. Check the eligibility criteria for NEET counselling applicants below: 

NEET Counselling Eligibility Criteria

To be eligible for NEET counselling registration, candidates must fulfill the following eligibility requirements: 

  • Must have the required cut off score in NEET UG result 2024
  • Jammu and Kashmir candidates are eligible for All India Quota counselling process
  • Must have registered with MCC for counselling process

Step 1: Apply for NEET counselling

Here is how candidates will be able to apply for NEET UG counselling process online: 

  • Visit the official website for MCC
  • Click on the link to register for NEET counselling
  • Enter the required details 
  • Pay the counselling fee and security deposit online and submit the form

Check category wise NEET counselling fees for 15% AIQ rounds below: 

Counselling TypeCategory of candidateCounselling feesSecurity deposit
AIQ/central universitiesUnreservedINR 1,000INR 10,000
Reserved (SC/ST/OBC)INR 500INR 5,000
NEET counselling fees

Meanwhile, the counselling fees for deemed universities for all categories of candidates is INR 5,000. The security deposit for the same is INR 2,00,000. 

NOTE: The counselling fees is non refundable, while the security deposit is refundable for NEET counselling

Step 2: NEET UG Choice Filling 2024

Before the counselling rounds begin, candidates will have to fill in their choice of medical institutes online. The choice filling can be done by following the instructions given below: 

  • Visit the counselling website and log in
  • Click on the choice filling link
  • Choose your preferred course and college for admission
  • Lock your choices before the given deadline

Step 3: NEET UG seat allotment process

Once you have locked in your preferred choices, the counselling rounds will begin. Candidates are allotted seats in medical institutes based on their NEET UG AIR and percentile score, as well as the individual cut off requirements for each college. Counselling body will release seat allotment lists for each round. 

Step 4: Report to the allotted college

Candidates who are offered a seat in the counselling process will then have to visit their allotted college to complete the admission process. In case a candidate wishes to not go ahead with the admission process, they can withdraw their application along with the security deposit refund. 

NOTE: Candidates who withdraw admission in round 1 will be able to exit with receiving the full security deposit refund. However, candidates who are offered a seat from round 2 onwards will not be eligible for receiving the refund in case they withdraw. 

For more information about the NEET UG counselling process, candidates can visit the official NEET and MCC websites.