CLAT Counselling 2024: The Consortium of NLUs started the registration process for CLAT Counselling 2023 on December 12, 2023. The registration process for the same will continue till December 22, 2023. Candidates who passed the CLAT 2024 exam are eligible to apply for the counselling process. A confirmation email and SMS will be sent to candidates’ registered email addresses and phone numbers for the Admissions Counselling Process.
Candidates may log in to their CLAT 2024 portal on the website of the Consortium of NLUs to participate in the Admissions Counselling Process.
Read More: CLAT Cut off 2024
CLAT Counselling 2024: Instructions & Guidelines
CLAT Counselling 2024 includes the following process:
- Applicants are required to log in to their CLAT account on the Consortium of NLUs website and confirm their invitation for each counselling round. The Consortium will not be held accountable for any undelivered emails or SMSs.
- To finalize their enrollment in the Admissions Counselling Process, candidates must submit the Counselling Registration Fee by 10:00 PM on December 20, 2023. For General Category candidates, the fee is Rs. 30,000/-, while candidates from ST/SC/OBC/BC/EWS/PWD categories need to pay Rs. 20,000/-.
- It is mandatory for candidates to furnish their bank account details, which will be utilized for potential refunds, if applicable.
After the registration process and selection of options, candidates will be allotted seats in NLUs based on the All India Merit List.
Float/Freeze/Exit of Options
- Freeze Choice: Should the candidate find the allocated seat satisfactory and decide to accept it without intending to partake in subsequent rounds of seat allocation or counselling, they have the option to ‘Freeze’ the seat allocation.
- Float Choice: In the event that the candidate hasn’t been assigned their preferred NLU as their first choice and wishes to keep the opportunity open for a higher-preference NLU seat, they can opt for the ‘Float’ Option.
- Exit Choice: If, at any point after completing the Registration Process, a candidate decides not to continue participating in the Counselling Process, they can opt to ‘Exit’ the Admissions Counselling Process. If a candidate has previously chosen the Float or Freeze Option before selecting the Exit option, the allocated seat will be reassigned, and the Confirmation Fee will be forfeited. No candidate will receive a seat allocation after opting for the Exit choice.
CLAT Counselling 2024: Total Rounds
- The admissions counselling process will consist of a total of five rounds. In the event that a candidate does not secure a seat in a particular round, they are advised to await the subsequent counselling round, as the process unfolds sequentially.
- To address any remaining seat vacancies, the fourth and fifth rounds of admissions counselling are scheduled for May 2024. All available seats during these rounds will be allocated to the next eligible candidates. Notably, all outstanding ‘Float’ options will automatically convert to ‘Freeze’ for the last allocated seats.
- Following the conclusion of the fifth round of the admissions counselling process, the central admission process administered by the Consortium will conclude. Nevertheless, member NLUs retain the authority to admit candidates in accordance with their established norms to fill any remaining vacant seats, if applicable.