To encourage girls’ participation in engineering, Kotak Mahindra Group offers Kotak Kanya scholarships. The scholarship amount is Rs 1.5 lakh per year and aims to help meritorious girls from lower-income backgrounds pursue professional engineering courses such as BTech. The scholarship also extends to other professional domains such as medicine, law, design, and architecture.
To be eligible for the Kotak Kanya Scholarship, the student must have passed Class 12 and aspire to pursue a professional graduation course from a reputed NIRF/NAAC accredited university or institute. Eligible candidates can apply for Kotak Kanya Scholarship till November 30, 2023.
Kanya Kotak Scholarship 2023: Highlights
|Name of the Scholarship
|Kotak Kanya Scholarship
|Kotak Education Foundation (KEF)
|Year of Launching
|Class 12 passed with 85% or 8.5 CGPA
|Last Date to Apply
|November 30, 2023
|INR 1.5 Lac per annum
|Only girls students are eligible
Eligibility for Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2023-24
- The Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2023 is open to female students throughout India who have achieved a minimum of 85% or an equivalent CGPA in their Class 12 board examinations. To be eligible, applicants should have an annual family income of Rs. 6,00,000 (Rupees Six Lakh) or below.
- This scholarship is specifically for meritorious female students who have successfully gained admission to first-year undergraduate programs in the Academic Year 2023 at reputable institutes, as indicated by accreditation from NIRF/NAAC. The eligible programs include professional graduation courses such as Engineering, MBBS, Integrated LLB (5 years), and other professional courses like Design and Architecture.
- It’s important to note that individuals who are children of employees of Kotak Mahindra Group, Kotak Education Foundation, and Buddy4Study are not eligible to apply for the Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2023.
How to apply for Kotak Kanya Scholarship?
Interested students can check the steps to apply for the Kanya Kotak Scholarship below:
- Go to the official Kotak Kanya Scholarship website to find all the details. Click on “Apply” to start your scholarship application. Fill in all the necessary information in the application form.
- Next, log in using your mobile number and email ID. Once logged in, you’ll be taken to the scholarship page. Begin filling out the scholarship form by clicking on ‘Start Application.’ Scan and upload the required documents. After carefully going through the terms and conditions, hit the accept button.
- Finally, preview your form and submit it. You can also download a copy of the application form for future reference.
Documents require for Kotak Kanya Scholarship
In order to apply for the Kotak Kanya Scholarship, there are certain documents that candidates need to upload during the registration process. The list of documents required is as follows:
- Mark sheet of previous qualifying examination
- Income proof Certificate
- Income Tax Return (ITR), if available
- Fee structure for the academic year 2023-24
- Admission Proof/Seat Allotment Document
- Entrance Exam Result
- Aadhaar card
- Bank passbook
- A passport-size photograph
- Disability certificate, if applicable
- Any other certificate, if applicable
Kotak Kanya Scholarship Selection Process
The Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2023-24 will be granted based on a combination of academic excellence and financial need. The selection process involves multiple stages:
- Preliminary screening of applicants will consider both academic merit and financial background.
- Exceptional female students will be invited to participate in the interview round. There will be a total of two interview rounds.
- The Kotak Education Foundation will take the final decision after analysing the performance of candidates in both interview rounds.