GREAT Scholarship 2024: Indian students planning to study abroad in the UK have the opportunity to apply for the GREAT Scholarship, offered under the British Council of India. The registration process for GREAT scholarship is currently open at britishcouncil.in/study-uk/scholarships/great-scholarships.
Under this program, 25 universities in the UK are offering scholarships to international students based on their merit. The scholarship amount offered under the GREAT program is 10,000 GBP (approximately 10.5 Lakhs). The last date to apply for GREAT scholarship varies according to the university. Most deadlines are open till mid-May and early June.
Top participating universities in the GREAT scholarship program include Anglia Ruskin University, Aston University, Hartpury University, University College London, University of Birmingham, University of Bath, and University of Glasgow. Interested students must be a citizen and current resident of India. They must also have completed their bachelor’s degree in their respective fields.
Indian students who wish to complete their higher education in the United Kingdom can apply for the GREAT scholarship 2024 after fulfilling the eligibility criteria. The GREAT scholarship covers the complete tuition fees for 1 year of master’s degree. Candidates can choose to apply to the universities after checking the GREAT scholarship deadlines from the official website.
GREAT Scholarship 2024: Highlights
Indian students aspiring to study abroad in the UK can have a look at the basic highlights of the GREAT Scholarship in the table below:
|Name of the scholarship
|GREAT Scholarship 2024
|British Council of India
|10,000 GBP (approx. 10.5 Lakhs INR)
|Varies as per the university
GREAT Scholarship 2024: Eligibility
The GREAT scholarship is offered to students belonging from various countries. Indian students wishing to apply for the scholarship have to fulfil the following GREAT scholarship eligibility 2024 criteria:
- Candidate must be a citizen of India
- They must have completed their undergraduate degree
- Candidate must fulfil the English language criteria as specified by their desired universities
- Must show keen interest and dedication towards their choice of subject
- Candidates must be willing to attend networking events for GREAT scholars
GREAT Scholarship 2024: Steps to Apply
Students interested in applying for a GREAT scholarship must follow the steps given below:
Step 1: Visit the official website of your desired university using the GREAT scholarship website
Step 2: Apply for the scholarship by following the instructions given on the university website
Step 3: Check the official deadlines and submit your application accordingly
Step 4: If you are selected, you will be notified by email
Step 5: The scholarship amount will be issued once you get yourself registered in the university
GREAT Scholarship 2024: Participating Universities
A total number of 25 universities in the UK are participating in the GREAT scholarship program under the British Council of India. These universities offer master’s degree programs in various fields. Each university has a separate eligibility criteria, additional to the basic eligibility criteria for the scholarship. Candidates can have a look at some of the top participating universities, application deadlines, and the eligible countries:
|Anglia Ruskin University
|June 28, 2024
|April 30, 2024
|Guildhall School of Music and Drama
|April 3, 2024
|May 31, 2024
|JCA London Fashion Academy
|May 30, 2024
|Norwich University of the Arts
|May 15, 2024
|University College London
|May 7, 2024
|University of Bath
|May 20, 2024
|University of Birmingham
|April 5, 2024
|University of Bristol
|April 29, 2024
|University of Chichester
|May 31, 2024
|University of Kent
|April 26, 2024
Tips to Apply for GREAT Scholarship
Students who are planning to apply for a GREAT scholarship may have a look at the following tips before they begin their application:
- Check your eligibility: Before applying, it is important to check if you are completing the required eligibility criteria. Make sure you have your graduation certificate and other eligibility documents ready.
- Always share your achievements: While writing your application essay, always remember to talk about all your achievements. This helps the selection committee know more about you and decide whether you deserve the scholarship or not.
- Talk about why the scholarship is important for you: The selection committee would want to know why you are applying for the scholarship. Talk about how getting the scholarship will help you and how it will impact your future.
- No answer is correct or incorrect: Always remember that no matter what you choose to write as your answer, none of it is right or wrong. The selection committee wants to know your opinions. There are no right or wrong answers for any question.
- Keep trying even if you get rejected: If you are not granted the scholarship in your first attempt, don’t hesitate to try again. Since there is a limited number of seats, it can often be tough for the committee to shortlist a lot of worthy applicants.
GREAT Scholarship 2024: Required Documents
While applying for the scholarships, applicants have to submit a series of official documents along with the application form. These documents include:
- Copy of passport
- Graduation certificate or marksheet
- Certificate of an English language proficiency test (preferably IELTS)
- Any other documents specified by universities
Please note that the GREAT scholarship application will only be considered complete along with these documents.
How many universities are participating in the GREAT scholarship program?
Total 25 universities in the UK are offering the GREAT scholarships to international students.
What is the scholarship amount for the GREAT scholarship?
The GREAT scholarship promises an amount of 10,000 GBP (approximately 10.5 Lakhs INR) to selected students.
When is the deadline to apply for the GREAT scholarship?
The application deadlines for GREAT scholarships vary as per the university. The deadlines range between April 2024 to June 2024.
What if I don’t get the GREAT scholarship?
If you don’t get the GREAT scholarship in your first attempt, you can apply again. Also, you can always apply for plenty of other scholarships in the UK.
What is the eligibility criteria for the GREAT scholarship 2024?
Candidates applying for GREAT scholarship must be the present resident and citizen of India. They must also have an undergraduate degree in their respective subjects. Moreover, candidates must also fulfil the English language requirement criteria as per their university.
Who offers the GREAT scholarship?
GREAT scholarship is offered by the British Council of India.
What is covered under the GREAT scholarship?
The scholarship amount offered by GREAT scholarship covers 1 year of tuition fee expenses.
How many scholarships are offered under the GREAT scholarship program?
GREAT scholarship offers the grant to 200 students from various countries like India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Nigeria, Thailand, Malaysia, and Greece.
Which English language test is valid for GREAT scholarship?
Candidates applying for GREAT scholarship can submit IELTS or TOEFL test score for English language proficiency.