JEE Main Question Paper: Medical and engineering have become the two most common professions in India. Every year, lakhs of children participate in the race to become doctors and engineers. Due to the influx of children pursuing these professions, various coaching institutions have emerged over the years.
The primary objective of these coaching centers is to enroll a plethora of kids in the pursuit of scoring maximum marks. However, a significant issue with these coaching institutions is that they create a hole in children’s pockets in the name of fees.
Typically, students end up paying substantial amounts to these institutes in the hope of obtaining the previous year’s question papers, sample papers, test series, and study notes. However, very few students are aware that various government portals also help students practice for major engineering exams such as JEE Mains and JEE Advanced, and the medical entrance exam NEET. Take a look at some of the top government portals that assist students with JEE and NEET preparation.
The Ministry of Education, in collaboration with IIT Kanpur, has announced the effective expansion of SATHEE (Self-Assessment Test and Help for Entrance Exams), an innovative online educational platform designed to empower millions of students preparing for competitive exams nationwide.
Further, the portal provides a comprehensive resource for NEET and JEE aspirants. These resources include video lectures from renowned faculties of IITs and IISc.
Apart from the resources, the portal also provides a 45-day JEE crash course crafted to offer concentrated preparation and revision within a brief timeframe, making it an optimal choice for students seeking to reinforce their understanding before examinations.
Steps to register :
- Candidates need to go to the official website – https://sathee.prutor.ai/
- On the homepage, candidates will find a tab that reads ‘SATHEE JEE / SATHEE NEET’
- Click on the entrance exam name for which the study material is needed
- A Google form will appear on the screen where candidates have to fill in the information and click on register
- Once registered, candidates receive their login credentials through which they can log in and check the study materials
Another government-owned platform that provides a panoramic resource for engineering exams is Swayam. The main objective of the program is to provide the best teaching and learning resources to all, including the most disadvantaged, for free.
The portal facilitates hosting all the courses taught in classrooms from Class 9 till post-graduation, which can be accessed anywhere and anytime. The courses listed on the portal are prepared by some of the best teachers in the country. Aspirants can access video lectures, reading materials, and self-assessment tests through tests and quizzes. Also, the portal has a discussion forum for clearing doubts.
Steps to register :
- Visit the official website of Swayam – https://swayam.gov.in/
- The homepage will consist the link of ‘Register/ Sign’
- Once clicked, candidates have to sign up and add the information as asked
- Candidates will receive mail in which there will be a login ID and password
- Login using ID and password and candidates can access the mock test and study material
National Digital Library of India (NDLI)
The National Digital Library of India, in collaboration with IIT Kharagpur, helps candidates prepare for IIT JEE and NEET exams.
The platform consists of various study materials, including self-learning papers, assessments, and problem-solving tests, along with details on career and technical study tests. All the material provided by the NDLI is free.
Steps to download JEE And NEET sample papers:
- Candidates need to visit the official website of NDLI – https://ndl.iitkgp.ac.in/
- Candidates will find a link that reads ‘IIT JEE – NEET’
- After clicking, a new page will open where candidates will get various questions and sample papers for different subjects
NOTE: Candidates don’t have to register on NDLI to access the question papers and mock test
National Testing Agency (NTA)
Not many aspirants are aware that even the conducting body, the National Testing Agency, also provides free study material for aspirants preparing for NEET and JEE.
Candidates need to visit the official website of NTA, where in the ‘Student Section,’ they will find content-based lectures on different subjects, including physics, mathematics, chemistry, and biology.
Steps to download mock test
- Candidates need to visit the official website of NTA – https://nta.ac.in/
- On the homepage, candidates will find the ‘Student’ tab
- Once clicked, candidates will find the ‘Test Practice’ session
- Candidates have to click on mock test fill the exam and paper they want to appear for and click on ‘Mock test’.
- A page will open which will already consist of a pre-filled login ID and password — Click on submit
- With that candidates can begin with the mock test
Jai Bhim Mukhyamantri Pratibha Vikas Yojna
In association with the Delhi government, the Jai Bhim Mukhyamantri Pratibha Vikas Yojna aims to dispense free coaching for the JEE exam. However, only those students who belong to the SC/ST/OBC/EWS categories and are residents of Delhi are eligible to attend this free coaching.
Steps to register
- Go to the official website – https://scstwelfare.delhi.gov.in/
- Candidates will find the link that reads ‘Jai Bhim Mukhyamantri Pratibha Vikas Yojna’ – Click on that
- Now click on that register link
- Add in the details and click on submit
- Applicants will be sent an email containing a login ID and password
- Candidates can download all the mock tests and study material