Uttar Pradesh Joint Entrance Examination 2023: The JEECUP 2023 counselling process for rounds 7 and 8 begins today. All the eligible candidates (of UP and other states) can fill out their course-college choices by October 20, 2023. Candidates can complete the choice-filling process by logging into the official JEECUP portal using their application number and password.
The Joint Entrance Examination Council (Polytechnic), Uttar Pradesh (JEECUP) released the counselling schedule for round 7 and 8 on its official website. Candidates must note that the special phase of counselling is only for the candidates seeking admission into the various engineering (diploma) programmes and not the pharmacy (diploma) programmes.
Only the candidates who have cleared the JEECUP 2023 exam and have not been able to take admission to any institution till the 6th phase of special counselling are eligible to appear for the 7th and 8th phase of special counselling.
JEECUP 2023 Counselling Schedule Round 7 & 8
The JEECUP 2023 counselling schedule for rounds 7 & 8 for admission into the Diploma in Engineering programmes is as follows:
|S. No.||counselling Activity||Date|
|1||Round 7 choice filling for all candidates (including qualified candidates from UP and other states)||October 19 – 20, 2023|
|2||Round 7 seat allotment for all candidates (all candidates must freeze their seats)||October 21, 2023|
|3||Round 7 online freezing and fee deposit for seat acceptance fee for all candidates||October 22-23, 2023 (up to 5:00 PM)|
|4||Round 7 document verification at district help centres for all candidates||October 22-23, 2023 (up to 5:00 PM)|
|5||Round 7 Balance fee deposit for frozen candidates||October 22-29, 2023 (up to 11:59 PM)|
|6||Round 8 Choice filling for new candidates and updation of choices for qualified candidates from UP and other states||October 24-25, 2023|
|7||Round 8 Seat allotment for all candidates (all candidates must freeze their seats)||October 26, 2023|
|8||Round 8 Online freezing and fee deposit for seat acceptance fee for all candidates||October 27-28, 2023 (up to 5:00 PM)|
|9||Round 8 Document verification at district help centres for all candidates||October 27-28, 2023 (up to 5:00 PM)|
|10||Round 8 Balance fee deposit for frozen candidates||October 27-29, 2023 (up to 11:59 PM)|
|11||Reporting to allotted polytechnics for all candidates||Up to October 30, 2023|
|12||Withdrawal of admitted seats||October 31-November 1, 2023|
|13||Commencement of classes for Session 2023-24||November 1, 2023|
Who is eligible for JEECUP 2023 counselling?
Candidates who satisfy the following eligibility requirements can appear for the 7th and 8th phase of JEECUP 2023 special counselling:
- Only the candidates who passed the JEECUP 2023 exam and could not enroll in any institution until the 6th round of special counselling are eligible to participate in the 7th and 8th rounds of special counselling
- Candidates from Uttar Pradesh (UP) and outside UP can also participate in the round 7 and 8 counselling
Important guidelines for JEECUP 2023 counselling
Candidates who wish to participate in the JEECUP 2023 counselling process must carefully go through the following guidelines:
- A candidate who is allotted a seat in round 7 and 8 of JEECUP counselling must undergo document verification and deposit the requisite fee within the stipulated time
- Document verification for round 7 and 8 of JEECUP counselling will take place only at the designated help centres in various aided polytechnic institutions
- A candidate who fails to do so will be ineligible for the eighth stage of counselling
- Seats allotted in round 7 and 8 of counselling will be automatically frozen
- After the seat allotment, candidate must pay the seat acceptance and counselling fee of INR 3250/- online and then get their documents verified through the designated help centres